Today, traveling to different countries is a significant challenge. In the pandemic situation in which we have been in for the last year, there are various restrictions that each country has. The main requirements are PCR tests, vaccine certificates, quarantine, wearing masks, and others.
And despite all the obstacles, most people continue to travel around the world, despite the numerous requirements a country may have. But for anyone who loves to travel, there is an important question – Are there countries where a PCR test or vaccine is not required?
Fortunately, the answer to this question is a resounding yes. It remains to be seen who these countries are and what they can offer us.
Destinations and airlines that do not require a PCR test or a vaccine against Covid
To the delight of each of you, several countries have removed all restrictions, and you are free to travel to them without having to take tests or get vaccinated. Let’s take a look at these countries and the airlines you can travel with.
If you have not yet visited this exotic destination, now is a perfect time. On October 26, the country removed the PCR test requirement, and from November 1, there will be no lists of approved countries from which you can come.
Costa Rica is ready to welcome you and make you forget, at least for a while, about everything that is happening around the world. All you need to do is submit insurance and fill out an online health form before entering the country. All requirements end here.
And if we have to talk about the country itself, Costa Rica is fantastic with amazing wildlife, river valleys, beaches, and much more.
It gives you both adventure and the opportunity to visit luxury hotels, nice bars, and restaurants that offer delicious food. In short, this is a country that can offer something to each of you.
And what you can see in Costa Rica is:
- 27 national parks – nature is not just a jungle. Here you will find the beautiful Rio Celeste waterfall, as well as many coral rifts, dry and tropical forests, and cloudy forests. And activities like canyoning and river rafting are just a few of the favorite attractions of tourists.
- six active and over 60 dormant or extinct volcanoes, among which is the biggest attraction, namely Arenal Vulcano.
- unique wildlife – here you will see over 50 species of hummingbirds.
- exciting adventures, such as river rafting, horseback riding, scuba diving, ATV driving, etc .
- fantastic food – pejibayes, vuelve a la vida, and arreglados are just three examples of the delicious food you can eat.
- excellent luxury resorts combined with beaches, rainforests, and the hot springs.
- a paradise for coffee lovers and many, many other things.
Mexico is a country that does not close its borders to international tourists during the pandemic, nor did it require PCR tests, quarantine, or proof of vaccination against Covid-19. In addition, almost everything in the country is open, and to this day, it is still one of the places you can freely visit.
Remember that you will not need to present a negative PCR test to enter Mexico, but going back to the USA will most likely require you to do so.
Mexico is an exciting country worth visiting at least once in your life, and we would say that it is even a must.
Here are some of the fantastic places:
- Cancún and the Mayan Riviera – this is one of the most visited areas by millions of tourists. The Mayan Riviera includes resort destinations such as Playa del Carmen, the island of Cozumel, and beyond.
The whole area around Cancún and the Mayan Riviera is famous for its beautiful wide beaches and crystal clear water.
In addition, here you can snorkel among reefs and tropical fish, scuba diving in the world’s largest underwater museum, which includes impressive sculptures submerged at depths of up to eight meters, and swimming with the dolphins and stingrays;
- Copper Canyon is one of the most visited attractions, located in one of the northernmost states of Mexico, namely Chihuahua. The Copper Canyon is a breathtaking group of deep canyons that attract tourists with its grandeur;
- Mexico City’s Historical Center – we advise you to focus your attention on the city’s tourist center. There you will find fabulous museums, galleries, and attractions. In this part are also the famous National Palace, the Metropolitan Cathedral, and the Templo Mayor with its Aztec relics;
- Chichén Itzá – The Mayan Metropolis
- The Ancient Fortress of Tulum
- Cozumel – Island Life
- Puerto Vallarta and many more
Whether you are vaccinated or not, Colombia will not require you to have a PCR test or be quarantined so that you can enter the country freely.
The only requirement is to fill in a health declaration known as “Check-Mig” shortly before the flight (less than 24 hours). In it, you should describe that you do not have symptoms of Covid-19 and have not been in contact with a person who has given a positive result.
All you have to do ends here, and it’s up to you to enjoy amazing Colombia.
Places you can visit in this country are:
- Cartagena – a historical city that will take you back in time. Cartagena is one of the best-preserved colonial destinations. In this city, you will find beautiful restored restaurants and hotels. Along with this, you can make day trips to beaches and islands that are located near the city.
- Medellin – although in the 90s it was considered the most dangerous city, today everything is different. Medellin grabs the hearts of visitors with the old quarter of Botero Plaza, Museum of Antioquia, the striking Rafael Uribe Uribe Palace of Culture, and many other sights worth seeing.
- Eje Cafetero – this place can be pretty interesting for coffee lovers, as Eje Cafetero is the world’s third-largest producer of coffee beans. Overall, Colombia is the perfect place to try different types of coffee and enjoy their unique taste.
And in this regard, the best place to stay in the area is the town of Salento. From this city, you can easily reach Cocora Valley and visit farmers to explain the process of growing coffee and taste its different varieties.
Other interesting places you can visit in Colombia are Leticia, Tayrona National Natural Park, Bogotá, The Lost City, etc.
The Dominican Republic is the other country with no PCR test or quarantine requirements for international tourists. There is a concise list for some countries that will require a negative PCR test, but the USA is not among them.
In addition, on arrival in the country, about 5% of passengers can have a quick breath test, but that will be all. And what are the exciting places you can visit?
Let’s look at some of them below:
- La Romana – is a tourist destination not far from Punta Cana. This place is famous for its beautiful beaches and Altos de Chavón, where you can buy fantastic souvenirs. Nearby is the fishing town of Bayahibe, which is a departure point for trips to Isla Saona;
- Punta Cana – if you are looking for a luxury holiday in the Dominican Republic, Punta Cana is your place. The beautiful beaches with white-sand beach and the emerald waters of the Caribbean is what will surely grab your heart.
Bavaro Beach is the most impressive in Punta Cana. Inside the beaches there are various shops and restaurants that you can enjoy;
- Santo Domingo’s Zona Colonial – the city in which Christopher Columbus first landed. It features colonial architecture, which includes museums, restaurants, hotels, and shops. You will indeed feel unique in this city, taking you back in time;
- Las Terrenas;
- Bahia de Las Aguilas;
- Isla Saona and Parque Nacional de Este, etc.
Do airlines require a negative PCR test?
All airlines strive to provide the safest possible environment for passengers, especially for international flights. Most airlines require a negative PCR test before boarding.
There is one exception, and it is for people who have been given a positive test in the last 3 months. Some airlines have additional procedures, offering free tests and home tests. It all depends on the chosen company.
And because the requirements and conditions of travel are constantly changing, and each airline has its own rules, we advise you to keep up to date with the airline you have chosen.
Keep in mind that things change dynamically. It means that there may be no requirement for a negative PCR test when purchasing tickets, but you may need to do so immediately before the flight.
What are the reasons for this?
The reasons for the lack of restrictions in these countries can be many, and the requirements can be different for each of them. Tourism is one of the most common reasons for reducing or eliminating conditions such as PCR testing or quarantine.
The pandemic is a great challenge not only for people who love to travel but also for countries that are tourist destinations. Reducing the flow of visitors has a significant impact on the economy of each of the nations, which is why they try in every way to attract more and more visitors.
Of course, it all depends on the number of people with Covid-19 and the health situation in the country. Each country removes its restrictions when there is a decline in morbidity and vice versa. It is the main reason why the situation around the world is so dynamic.
Is this expected to change over time?
Unfortunately, it is difficult to say whether there will continue to be no requirements for testing or vaccination in these countries.
For example, until recently, the list of countries that did not require a PCR test or quarantine included the Maldives, Haiti, Egypt, and many others. But today, they are among the countries that require a negative PCR test done within 72 or 96 hours, depending on which country you travel to.
That is why the best thing we could advise you is to follow the official websites of each country for changes in the travel conditions of international tourists. Of course, many other countries allow American tourists to enter their territory, but with PCR tests.
These countries include:
- The Bahamas
- French Polynesia
- Malta and many, many others
Photo source: Unsplash